Thursday, January 28, 2010

Now I get it

It’s interesting how some things start to make more sense to me as I go through the various learning stages of being a parent.  I used to think that Smuckers’ Goober (peanut butter and jelly in one jar) was ridiculous.  I mean, is it really that hard to open up TWO jars to make a sandwich?  But now that I have a 2 year old whose idea of eating half of a sandwich means eating the half with the jelly on it and leaving an open-faced peanut butter sandwich behind, I totally get it.  Mixing the peanut butter and jelly together makes it impossible for children to pick out only the jelly.  I make my own Goober by mixing the peanut butter and jelly in a bowl before I spread it on the bread, and that’s been working out really well for us.

Another thing I get is why parents so often leave their shopping cart bound toddlers in the middle of the aisles at grocery stores.  That’s the only place where the toddler can’t reach the shelves on either side.  As long as said toddler is buckled into the seat, that is.  Otherwise, all bets are off.

No comments:

 
/** GOOGLE ANALYTICS */