Saturday, December 19, 2009

4 month feeties

When Z was a baby, Margaret and I made a footprint frame for him.  So in the interest of equity (I don't want Mei-mei to come to me when she's 16 years old, noting that the house is filled with mementos from Z's babyhood while there's no sign of her until she started getting school pictures at age 6), I went to Paint the Town to make a matching frame for Mei-mei.  The picture inside each frame was taken the day the frame was made, and they are both 18 weeks old at the time.  It took about half a dozen tries to get Z's footprints (you can still see where they are smudged) because he kept kicking, curling up his toes, and moving around.  Mei-mei, on the other hand, did her footprints in one try.  She quietly watched me as I painted the bottom of her feet, and then allowed me to press them onto the frame without making the slightest twitch.  Since I have a fair amount of experience with teenage girls and know what is facing me in about 12 years, I will enjoy this phase of calm serenity as much as I can.

No comments:

 
/** GOOGLE ANALYTICS */