Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

DSC_6236

Easter Saturday was pretty blustery and cold, so we decided to check out the Easter Egg Hunt at Wallingford Center instead of the Woodland Park Zoo (where we went last year).  Big mistake.  It was crowded and confusing, and the Egg Hunt itself was over in the blink of an eye as the older kids snatched up all of the eggs and left the younger kids (like Z and Mei-mei) with empty baskets.  (At the zoo, they spread out hundreds of plastic eggs -- in plain sight, because it’s for the “under 3” set -- and continue to recycle the eggs so that the field is full of them the entire time the kids are there.  At Wallingford Center, the only time we actually saw an egg was when we tripped over a broken one on our way to the car.)  But on the bright side, we got some cupcakes from Trophy Cupcakes and we went to Julia’s for brunch before the Egg Hunt, so it wasn’t a complete loss.

(Note to self:  Next time we go to Julia’s, order Z the adult-sized Belgian waffle so that he doesn’t finish his breakfast in less than 5 minutes and immediately start in on yours.)

At home, we dyed Easter eggs with Z and Mei-mei.  We dyed 10 eggs and 4 of them were cracked by an over-exuberant 2.5 year old.  We think we did pretty well – more than half of them survived!  And Z seemed to really enjoy pouring dye over the eggs with a spoon.  Mei-mei preferred to watch, but I’m sure she’ll be very excited to dye eggs with us next year!  This year she was more excited about chewing on a wooden spoon.

In addition to dying eggs, I’ve been putting bunny ears on various smaller family members and taking pictures.  Mei-mei is the least perturbed by it;  Cowboy is the most.  Z isn’t thrilled with it either, but I think in general he’s more bothered by the camera than the bunny ears.  I posted his bunny ear photos in my last post, and I’ve included the rest here.

Instead of posting a bunch of pictures on this page, I’m trying out this new “Photo Album” feature.  Click on the link below the spread of photos to see the full album.  UPDATE:  I don’t like the Photo Album feature because it forces me to use Windows Live, which I don’t want to use.  So I’m creating my own photo albums on my SmugMug photo site.  Click on the images below to see the full albums!

Easter Eggs Bunny Ears

No comments:

 
/** GOOGLE ANALYTICS */