Friday, April 30, 2010

9 months in, 9 months out

LR-7351 LR-7383
LR-7359 LR-7393

Happy 9 month birthday to our little Miss S!  Mei-mei turned (turns?) 9 months old at some point between today and tomorrow.  (How exactly does one celebrate a monthly birthday if one is born on the 31st and there is no 31st day in the current month?)  I can’t believe she’s already such a big girl and I’m a bit nervous about what’s just around the corner:  mobility.  Right now she moves around using a combination of belly crawling and rolling, but knowing her determination (especially when it comes to getting to her big brother’s toys), I expect to find her crawling, and then walking, soon.  And next thing you know, she’ll be asking to borrow the car keys.

Mei-mei has had a hard couple of weeks leading up to her 9 month birthday, but she’s a trooper!  She had the stomach flu for a solid week (I had it for four days and felt like I’d been hit by a truck, so I can’t imagine how terrible she felt), then her brother dropped a train on her head, and then she hit one of the most fuss-inducing developmental milestones in her first year.  After getting to the point where she could sleep through the night (6 PM – 7 AM) about 2 of every 3 nights, she entered the dreaded “9 month sleep regression” stage.  She’s back to waking up once in the middle of the night and is now having trouble taking naps during the day as well.  Hopefully we will get through this stage quickly!

On the fun side, she is babbling up a storm.  She keeps up a running commentary to herself while she plays, and she grumbles loudly in her crib while she is refusing to nap.  (Considering how much her brother talks, I’m a bit worried about how anyone will get a word in edgewise around here.)  She also snuffles while she grins at you.  I love this.  Sometimes she breaks into a full snort, which makes me laugh, which then makes her snort again.  It’s adorable.

She’s still nursing 4-5 times a day and eating 3 solid meals as well.  So far she hasn’t refused anything I’ve offered her, although she did break out in hives after I gave her avocado.  I’m going to try avocado again in a few weeks, but for now she fills up on pears, carrots, peas, squash, sweet potato, green beans, zucchini, chicken, rice and quinoa.

I’ve been keeping her in the infant car seat because I’m not quite ready to give up the convenience of the grab-n-go baby.  However, I suspect that her 9 month check-up will verify that she’s outgrown the bucket seat and needs to move into the full-size car seat.  Bye-bye portable napping apparatus!

Anyway, enough Mommy babble and on to more cuteness!  Here’s a video of the little Miss Chatterbox from today.  Happy 9 months, sweet angel!

No comments:

 
/** GOOGLE ANALYTICS */