Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo, Trophy style

photo photo2 photo3

I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned Trophy Cupcakes on this blog before.  I probably mentioned it every other day when I was pregnant, and if I didn’t actually write it down, it was because it was too hard to type while eating a cupcake.  I’ve tried cupcakes from most of the local cupcake shops, and I have to say that Trophy is still my favorite.  I’m kind of particular about frosting (I don’t like too much, and I don’t like it to be too heavy) and that’s where Trophy beats the competition every time in my book.

Anyway, it’s Cinco de Mayo, so what’s the best way to celebrate?  Cupcakes!  (Who am I kidding…it’s Wednesday, and cupcakes are a great way to celebrate Wednesday!  And Thursday.  Und so weiter.)  Trophy puts out special flavors for holidays and events, and their Cinco de Mayo flavors are two of my favorites:  Margarita (fresh lime cupcake topped with Tequila Lime buttercream and finished with candied lime peel and salt) and Mexican Hot Chocolate (chocolate cupcake topped with bittersweet chocolate buttercream with cayenne and cinnamon).  So this morning, after dropping Z off at preschool, Mei-mei and I made a quick stop at Trophy to pick up a couple cupcakes.  Mei-mei helped me carry them to the car, and she was very excited to try them.

So there the cupcakes sit, snug in their box, on the kitchen counter.  I fully intend to save them until Chris comes home so that we can share them, but who knows what will happen between now and 5 PM.  I bet if I replace his cupcake with a Dos Equis, he won’t complain too much.  After all, it’s still in the spirit of celebrating the Battle of Puebla (and the triumph of American advertising), right?

No comments:

 
/** GOOGLE ANALYTICS */