Monday, August 31, 2009

For better or for worse

What do you think of my little icon photo? Mei-mei and I will display our icons whenever we post so that you're not confused about who's writing. Mama doesn't get her own icon because she's the default writer on this blog. And she's not nearly as cute as we are.

Anyway, I'm actually posting to tell you about how things are going around here from my perspective. A lot has changed in the past month -- some for the better, some for the worse. On the "better" side: I have a cool little sister (even though I'm not allowed to play with her yet), Daddy spends more time with me, Mama's lap has reappeared, I keep getting "big brother" gifts (if I'd known about that, I'd have asked for a little sister a long time ago), I have a bucket full of really cool toys that I get to play with whenever Mama is nursing Mei-mei (which is really often). On the "worse" side: Mama doesn't take me to playgrounds as much, even though Mama's lap is back it's often occupied by Mei-mei, I have to be gentle with Mei-mei, I'm not the center of attention anymore, I don't get to see my friends very often.

Overall, the "worse" stuff isn't too terrible. But sometimes I just want things to go back to the way they were before Mama got fat and then Mei-mei came home. Back then, I had Mama to myself all day long and we went to playgrounds, playgroups, and other fun adventures all the time. I hope that we'll start doing those types of things again soon.

Here's what I look like during a "worse" moment:

No comments:

 
/** GOOGLE ANALYTICS */