Sunday, August 16, 2009

The last hurrah

It seems that we have a tradition when it comes to having babies: we spend our last night out before the baby arrives at Ben & Carrie's. Granted, we don't realize it's our last night out until after the fact. Before The Boy was born, we celebrated Carrie's and Vicki's birthdays at their Momma Mia party. That was a week before he surprised us (he was a month early), five weeks before he was due. So we really had no idea it was going to be our last night of social interaction for awhile.

With Mei-mei, our last hurrah was a bit closer to her arrival. As I mentioned in her birth story, I'd been feeling a bit "off" all day but we still headed over to Ben & Carrie's to see Mark & Rebecca while they were in town. We didn't even make it past the appetizers...my water broke as we were waiting for the burgers to cook. There were lots of cameras around, so I'm trying to track down some of the pictures (how many people have pictures of their water breaking in public??). For now, I have some pictures from my camera, plus a couple from Carrie's iPhone. Hover over the pictures to see the captions.


No comments:

 
/** GOOGLE ANALYTICS */