Saturday, August 15, 2009

I'm baaaack!

I haven't posted in awhile because it's been really busy around here. Guess what we have at home? A new baby! So far she hasn't really done much other than sleep, eat and cry. I hope that she gets a little more interesting soon, because right now I don't really see what the big fuss is about.

Mei-mei did help me grasp the idea of "poop". When I see Mama or Daddy changing her diaper, I say "poop". Or I get one of her clean diapers out of the bin and say "poop". In fact, A-mah taught me to tell someone when I have a dirty diaper myself. If you ask me, I'll tell you either "poop" or "no poop". But sometimes I'm fibbing.

A-mah and Poo-pa (everyone else calls him "Opa") stayed with us for two weeks because Mei-mei was coming. I had so much fun with them (and so did Cowboy, because they took him for walks twice a day)! Every morning I'd go downstairs and call "A-MAH! A-MAH!" until I found her. She taught me so many things and we even have our own secret language. It's called "Chinese" and rumor has it that there might be a few other people in the world who speak it, but in our house it's only A-mah and me. Mama uses some of the words sometimes, but it's not the same.

Now Papa and Grandma Hill are here to visit with us and see Mei-mei. They take me on wagon rides and to playgrounds, and I got to play ball with Papa today! When they aren't playing with me, they spend a lot of time holding Mei-mei and watching her sleep. They seem to be waiting for her to do something interesting too.

It's been so exciting to have so many people around all the time. Even Daddy has been staying home to play with me! Mama spends a lot of time feeding Mei-mei (evidently she needs to eat a lot and it takes her a long time), but she still reads me my favorite books and plays with me. And best of all, I can fit on her lap again! I didn't want to say anything before, but she'd gotten pretty fat over the last few months. I'm glad she finally decided to get rid of her belly so that I can fit on her lap, even though I don't have the nice comfortable bump to sit on when she carries me anymore.

Here are a few pictures that I never got around to posting before. They are from the last couple of weeks before Mei-mei came home. We played putt-putt (I'm not a big fan of it yet, but Daddy says I will learn to love it), went to wading pools and playgrounds, and I even got to eat dinner at Chipotle. In the picture with Mama, you can see what I mean by the little weight issue she had going on.


No comments:

 
/** GOOGLE ANALYTICS */