Monday, September 7, 2009

Lounge artist

I've been practicing my "lounging around" skills for the past 5+ weeks, so I've gotten quite good at it. I can lounge in Mama or Daddy's arms, in the cradle, in the pack-n-play, in my car seat, and I can really lounge in a baby carrier.  I usually look around for a bit and then drift off to sleep, unless I'm in the co-sleeper next to Mama and Daddy's bed.  When I'm in the co-sleeper, I like to stare at Mama.  She tries to ignore me in a futile attempt to convince me to sleep, but why would I sleep at night when I have her undivided attention?

Actually, I do sleep a fair amount at night -- but I also like to snack throughout the night.  So I take a little nap, wake Mama up for a snack, fall asleep after about 20 minutes of nursing, then wake Mama up again about an hour later.  Rinse and repeat.

In spite of this, I'm a pretty easy baby all around.  Mama is afraid to say too much about this for fear of jinxing it, so we'll just leave it at that...at least until we've passed the peak of baby fussiness.  For my big brother Z, he started the fussy phase at about 3 weeks and continued until about 12 weeks, with his peak at around 9-10 weeks (6 weeks past his due date).  Since he peaked at 6 weeks past his due date, not his birth date, Mama is assuming that my peak will come at 8 weeks (which is 6 weeks past my due date).  So she's waiting until at least the end of September before she talks too much about what an angel I am.

Here are some pictures showing some of my best "lounging" moves.

1 comment:

Gaffneys said...

Such a cute post :-)

 
/** GOOGLE ANALYTICS */