Sunday, September 6, 2009

Story time

One of my favorite things is story time. I say "REE!" and bring books to Mama or Daddy to read to me. I have my favorite books, but they change pretty frequently. Right now I'm on a Dr. Seuss kick, which I've actually been on for quite a while. I'm also a big fan of Brown Bear, I Love You More, My Daddy and Me and Caillou, Careful. I climb onto Mama or Daddy's lap (or into my Bumbo) and I help turn the pages. I do sound effects at the right times and point out the different characters if Mama or Daddy can't find them (they seem to have a particularly hard time keeping track of the fish in The Cat in the Hat, always asking "Where's the fish?"). Sometimes I turn the page back to a favorite page, and often I'll decide I've had enough of a particular book and say "No" and close it.

In addition to reading all day, I get to pick out a couple books for story time right before I go to bed. It's my way of winding down after a long day. Usually we read books while rocking in the glider in my room, but sometimes I get an extra story downstairs in the living room or on the front porch. Here are a couple pictures of bedtime stories with Daddy.



No comments:

 
/** GOOGLE ANALYTICS */