Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Kimochi Mommy

Z has a Kimochi Cloud toy that we've been using to help him identify and verbalize his emotions.  He's got a collection of pillows with various emotions written on them and he can put one of them into a pocket on Kimochi Cloud's belly.  When I am sad because Z tried to hit or kick me, I talk to Kimochi Cloud and put the "Sad" pillow in his pocket (while Z watches).  When Z is throwing a fit, I tell Kimochi Cloud about it while putting the "Mad" pillow in his pocket.  Z's favorite pillow is "Happy", although he does get "Sad" out when he's hurt himself.

This afternoon, we went to Mosaic to meet up with some friends in the playroom.  Z was extremely easy the entire afternoon, staying away from the doors like I asked and playing nicely with the toys and the other kids.  As we were getting ready to leave, I thanked him for making it such a nice afternoon and I told him how happy I was.  He ran over to the toys to pick out a round plastic sunshine toy with a big smiley face.  He came back to me and dropped it down the front of my shirt, announcing, "Mommy HAPPY!"  Apparently, I'm his Kimochi Mommy.

No comments:

 
/** GOOGLE ANALYTICS */